Corrections facilities have been struggling with inmates increased usage of contraband cell phones within prisons and jails for many years. Contraband cell phones are being smuggled into prisons in large numbers and continue to pose a threat to public safety. Securus offers a Managed Access Solutions product which will satisfy the most demanding requirements. Securus also provides the most value-effective solution available to the corrections industry today.
- Illegal activity goes undetected,
- Gang operations, instructions for physical harm,
- Witnesses, judges, correctional staff, public officials and victims can be intimidated
Put inmate communications back in the control of corrections using Securus’ Managed Access Solutions
- Managed Access Solutions (MAS) is a combination of a specially managed cellular telephone system network and a tightly controlled Distributed Antenna System (DAS).
- The MAS is capable of 2G, 3G, and 4G technologies and protocols used by US Wireless cellphone carriers.
- The solution manages the mobile devices and applies policy rules determined by the corrections administrators.
- Securus’ MAS also provides significant savings by reducing the following:
- Physical searches for contraband cell phones
- Investigations into contraband cell phones
- Crimes being conducted or coordinated by use of contraband cell phones
- Securus MAS provides corrections an automated solution which fully manages all cellular telephone access 24/7-365 days a year with minimal resources
- Securus MAS offers full control of the solution both locally and remotely.
- Securus MAS is monitored from Securus' Network Operations Center 24/7 -365 days a year and provides complete service and support
- Securus offers a variety of funding solutions to accelerate MAS deployments
The transition is now complete and it was virtually flawless. With the short turn around time for implementation of the project, it was done with almost no complaints from inmates and their families.County Sheriff's Office, Texas